This policy sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us.
1. Kraken Ventures Limited
Kraken Ventures Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with the company registration number 08504691 (‘Kraken’).
2. Personal data collected from you
2.1 your name;
2.2 your geographical address;
2.3 your phone number; and
2.4 your email address,
(collectively, ‘Your Personal Data’).
We do not ever store any financial information from you. If you have provided us with the personal data of another person (‘Third Party Personal Data’), you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above or elsewhere) for which their personal data will be processed. For the avoidance of doubt, the defined term Your Personal Data shall be deemed to include Third Party Personal Data in these terms.
3. Uses made of your personal data
3.1 The security of Your Personal Data is very important to us and we shall use our reasonable endeavors to ensure that it is kept safe and confidential.
3.2 We will use Your Personal Data that you provide to us:
3.2.1 to enable us to provide the services relevant to you, including disclosure to sellers on the Site whom you make bookings with;
3.2.2 to alert you to any product and service changes and updated information; and
3.2.3 for administration and marketing purposes.
3.3 In the event you do not wish for us to use Your Personal Data for administration and marketing purposes, or change the frequency of your notifications, please either:
Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the emails we have sent you (if any); or
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and advising us of your intention to be removed from our marketing database.
4. Retention of your personal data
4.1 We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure and are kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which they are used.
4.2 If your personal details change or if you have any queries about how we use Your Personal Data, please notify us by emailing at email@example.com.
4.3 We update Your Personal Data within five (5) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
4.4 We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Your rights
5.1 You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. If you wish to contact us for these purposes, please notify us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
5.2 www.kraken.travel (our ‘Website’) or any designated unique resource locator may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Disclosure of your information
6.2 We may disclose Your Personal Data to third parties:
6.2.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer (the disclosure of which shall be made under non-disclosure agreements) of such business or assets; or
6.2.2 if Kraken Ventures Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; or
6.2.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Personal Data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
6.2.4 Service providers. We employ a third party credit card processor to handle financial transactions on the site as well as a third party emailing marketing software. Kraken selects its third party partners with care but does not have any ongoing control over the privacy practices of such third parties. Product is shipped from the third party vendor and is not done under the auspices of this site. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
7. Cookies and IP addresses
7.2 If you would like to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that cookies are stored in. If you would like to stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking ‘Help’ in your browser menu. Further information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
7.3 Please note that when you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We do not tie the IP address to Your Personal Data.
8. Additional information
8.1 Public comments/Blogs.
If you post a review or public comment on this Website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
8.2 Social Media Widgets.
8.3 Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting.
10. Contact details
We use Google analytics to track what areas of the site our users use. All of this tracking is anonymous and we delete the data after 48 days.
If you would not like to be tracked please install the chrome analytics disabling plugin.
We track what users to do help improve user experience.
When filling out our contact form your details will be emailed to one of the team. We will use the details to respond to your enquiry. If you would like these details removed please email or call us.
Booking with us or joining mailing list
When booking with us we store some of your personal data on our system.
This is stored on our secure, encrypted server and is only accessed by staff internally.
When you make a booking we will disclose your personal data to the operator who is providing the voyage. By making a booking you agree to this. We are not responsible for the operator’s treatment of your data.
All data is kept for statistics and is backed up nightly.
If you would like your data to be removed please contact us and we will delete all your personal data – data stored in backups will be removed after 14 days due to our backup cycle.
Kraken Travel & Adventure Travel Show Competition 2019: Terms and Conditions (the “Terms)
1. The competition is run by Kraken Ventures Ltd trading as Kraken Travel, registered address: Whinbush House, 1 Whinbush Grove, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1PT.
2. In order to enter the competition (the “competition), you must sign up to the competition page by entering your email address between 28th December 2018 and 2359GMT on 9th January 2019 on this webpage http://eepurl.com/gczt6X (each email address is an “Entry” and together the “Entries”). By posting an Entry you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these Terms and any terms and conditions cross-referenced in these Terms.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. To be eligible for the Competition and submit a valid Entry, you must (a) be over 18 years of age; (b) not be an employee of any Kraken Travel company or a family member of such an employee; and (c) accept these Terms.
5. Only one Entry per person will be accepted. All additional Entries will be automatically disqualified.
6. Your Entry must be your own work and you represent and warrant that you have not copied wording or images from a third party or infringed the intellectual property rights of any third party by submitting your Entry.
7. The Competition opening time will be 1000 GMT on 28th December 2018. All entries must be received by 2359 GMT on 9th January 2019. If you submit an Entry after the Closing Time you will not be entered into the Competition.
8. The winning Entry will be selected by random selection from valid Entries. One winning Entry (the “Winner”) will be chosen by Kraken Travel within 24 hours of the Closing Time. The Winner will be notified via email as soon as possible after the Winner has been chosen. The Winner must accept the Prize by replying to the email within 24 hours of being notified as the Winner. If Kraken Travel does not receive a response within 24 hours of when Kraken Travel first tries to contact the relevant Winner, Kraken Travel reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant and the original Winner will have no right to insist on receiving the Prize. Thereafter the alternative entrant shall be the Winner for the purposes of these Terms.
9. Responsibility for determining the operation and results of the Competition including eligibility and the ultimate Winner, and all decisions relating to the Prize rests solely with Kraken Travel. Kraken Travel’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any of these matters.
10. Any person found to be submitting unsolicited bulk messages (i.e. spam) will be disqualified from the Competition.
11. Kraken Travel can, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entrant for breach of or non-compliance with these Terms or the submission of any material containing obscenity, defamation, an invasion of privacy or other objectionable content. Kraken Travel may vary or amend these Terms, change the Prize or terminate this Competition without prior notice. You agree that no liability shall attach to Kraken Travel or any other Kraken Travel company as a result thereof and that, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
12. If you do not correctly submit your Entry in accordance with these Terms, you will not be eligible to win the Prize. Kraken Travel takes no responsibility for any Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Kraken Travel will not be responsible for any technical fault or failure which prevents a person from entering the Competition.
13. Subject to availability and these Terms, the Winner shall receive two one-day passes to the 2019 Adventure Travel Show in Kensington Olympia (the “Prize”).
14. No part of the Prize may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternatives will be offered. The Prize is subject to availability. If any part of the Prize stated is unavailable, an alternative of the same value will be supplied.
15. The Winner will be entirely responsible for all costs, charges and/or expenses required to use and enjoy the Prize. The Prize does not include travel to or from the venue, where or spending money and neither Kraken Travel or related companies shall be responsible for personal expenses, spending money, additional charges, travel or other insurance, items of a personal nature or any other ancillary costs incurred by the Winner in enjoyment of the Prize.
16. The Prize and each element comprising the Prize are not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize has no cash value and cannot be taken as cash or for any other item or benefit. If for any reason the Winner does not make use of the Prize including if the Prize is not claimed or redeemed, they shall not be entitled to any alternative prize. In each case, no refund or compensation will be provided.
17. In the event of an infringement by the Winner of these Terms or any other terms incorporated into these terms by reference, Kraken Travel reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and shall not be obliged to offer an alternative.
18. The Winner enjoys the Prize at its own risk. The Winner is responsible for safeguarding his or her property when enjoying the Prize and Kraken Travel and the Kraken Travel companies shall not be liable for property lost, stolen or damaged at the event.
19. Your entry and participation in the Competition will also be subject to the Kraken Travel terms and conditions of usage found at http://www.kraken.travel/privacy
20. Kraken Travel reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms or to withdraw, amend, cancel the Competition at any time and without notice. No liability shall attach to Kraken Travel or any Kraken Travel company as a result thereof and, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable. Any changes to these terms will be posted on this page.
21. Your personal information (including your name, email address and telephone number) will be collected, stored and processed by Kraken Travel in a database for the purposes of managing the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms or as separately accepted by you. Kraken Travel may contact you by email from time to time to tell you about Kraken Travel activities and news. You may unsubscribe from any such communication at any time by notifying us via http://www.kraken.travel
22. Any personal data which you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
23. By submitting an Entry, you consent to the use of your Entry on Kraken Travel and associated social media channels and other Kraken Travel company websites.
24. The Winners agree to take part in all reasonable Competition-related publicity as requested by Kraken Travel. Kraken Travel may require additional information from the Winners in order for the Winners to enjoy the Prize. If the Winner does not provide this information within a reasonable time after Kraken Travel request, Kraken Travel reserves the right to withdraw the Prize without further notice. Kraken Travel accepts no responsibility for any loss (including disappointment and/or the inability to enjoy a Prize) caused by the Winners failure to provide such information.
25. Neither Kraken Travel nor any Kraken Travel company shall be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any other circumstances beyond the control of that Kraken Travel company.
26. This Competition is governed by English law and any dispute arising from this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.