This policy sets out the basis on which the personal data collected from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us.
1. Kraken Ventures Limited
Kraken Ventures Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with the company registration number 08504691 (‘Kraken’).
2. Personal data collected from you
2.1 your name;
2.2 your geographical address;
2.3 your phone number; and
2.4 your email address,
(collectively, ‘Your Personal Data’).
We do not ever store any financial information from you. If you have provided us with the personal data of another person (‘Third Party Personal Data’), you confirm that they consent to the processing of their personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above or elsewhere) for which their personal data will be processed. For the avoidance of doubt, the defined term Your Personal Data shall be deemed to include Third Party Personal Data in these terms.
3. Uses made of your personal data
3.1 The security of Your Personal Data is very important to us and we shall use our reasonable endeavors to ensure that it is kept safe and confidential.
3.2 We will use Your Personal Data that you provide to us:
3.2.1 to enable us to provide the services relevant to you, including disclosure to sellers on the Site whom you make bookings with;
3.2.2 to alert you to any product and service changes and updated information; and
3.2.3 for administration and marketing purposes.
3.3 In the event you do not wish for us to use Your Personal Data for administration and marketing purposes, or change the frequency of your notifications, please either:
Click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the emails we have sent you (if any); or
Contact us by emailing email@example.com and advising us of your intention to be removed from our marketing database.
4. Retention of your personal data
4.1 We take appropriate measures to ensure that any personal data are kept secure and are kept for only so long as is necessary for the purpose for which they are used.
4.2 If your personal details change or if you have any queries about how we use Your Personal Data, please notify us by emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.3 We update Your Personal Data within five (5) working days of any new or updated personal data being provided to us, to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is as accurate and up to date as possible.
4.4 We will retain your information for as long as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
5. Your rights
5.1 You are entitled to ask for a copy of any personal data that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. If you wish to contact us for these purposes, please notify us by emailing email@example.com.
5.2 www.kraken.travel (our ‘Website’) or any designated unique resource locator may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
6. Disclosure of your information
6.2 We may disclose Your Personal Data to third parties:
6.2.1 in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose Your Personal Data to the prospective seller or buyer (the disclosure of which shall be made under non-disclosure agreements) of such business or assets; or
6.2.2 if Kraken Ventures Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets in which case you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information; or
6.2.3 if we are under a duty to disclose or share Your Personal Data as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Website.
6.2.4 Service providers. We employ a third party credit card processor to handle financial transactions on the site as well as a third party emailing marketing software. Kraken selects its third party partners with care but does not have any ongoing control over the privacy practices of such third parties. Product is shipped from the third party vendor and is not done under the auspices of this site. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
7. Cookies and IP addresses
7.2 If you would like to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that cookies are stored in. If you would like to stop cookies being stored on your computer in the future, please refer to your browser manufacturer’s instructions by clicking ‘Help’ in your browser menu. Further information about deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.aboutcookies.org.
7.3 Please note that when you visit our site, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device. We do not tie the IP address to Your Personal Data.
8. Additional information
8.1 Public comments/Blogs.
If you post a review or public comment on this Website, you should be aware that any Personal Data you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Personal Data you choose to submit in these forums. To request removal of your personal data from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
8.2 Social Media Widgets.
8.3 Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting.
10. Contact details
£200 Gift Card (March/April 2018) Competition Entry Rules
- The promoter is: Kraken Ventures Ltd whose registered office is at 1 Whinbush Grove, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1PT, England, UK
2. Employees of Kraken Ventures or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via http://www.facebook.com/krakentravel/
5. Closing date for entry will be 30 April 2018 11:59pmBST. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
7. The rules of the competition and the prize for the winner are as follows: The winner will receive a Kraken Travel Gift Card to the value of £200 (two hundred GBP, Sterling) which can be redeemed on any booking over the value of £1,000 (one thousand GBP, Sterling). Any booking made with the gift card must be made before 1st May 2019.
8. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
9. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
10. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
11. Winners will be chosen: At random during a Facebook Live broadcast from all entries received and verified by the promoter and or its agents.
12. The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 30 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
13. The promoter will send gift voucher via email to the winner.
14. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by British law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the United Kingdom
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current United Kingdom and European Union data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Kraken Ventures Ltd, 1 Whinbush Grove, Hitchin, Hertfordshire, SG5 1PT, England, UK.
19. By entering, you agree to receive marketing promotions from Kraken Ventures Ltd, and their brands. To unsubscribe from future contact, please either click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of emails, or request you data to be removed by emailing email@example.com.
20. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter or any other Social Network. You are providing your information to Kraken Ventures and not to any other party. The information provided will be used solely by Kraken Ventures for online and offline marketing purposes.