Deposit and cancellation:
50% and strict See deposit and cancellations policy
- Experienced skipper / instructor onboard
- Accommodation on board the whole trip
- All food on board
- An environmentally friendly, unique, exotic and exclusive adventure vacation
- Safety gear, survival suits and SAR-insurance for all crewmembers
- Use of small boats, kayaks, fishing gear etc
- All boat-related expenses; fuel, gas, harbour, mooring etc…
- Travel costs to and from start/end point of trip
- Expenses for restaurants, museums or optional activities underway, or overnight stays beyond the approved program
- Alcoholic beverages
Open to beginner sailors.
Adventurous outlook is advisable.
Day 1-5 – Longyearbyen to Jan Mayen
Our first leg will go offshore from Svalbard southbound towards the Greenland-ocean. Depending on the weather, we might spend 3-7 days on this leg of the trip, most likely we’ll spend around 5 days. Reaching Jan Mayen, we will be met by the only active volcano in Norway, standing tall at around 2277 metres above sea level.
Day 5-6 – Disembarkation on Jan Mayen.
If weather allows we’ll try to disembark on the island that must be Norway’s most exotic and unavailable destination.
Day 6-11 – Jan Mayen to Ísafjörður on Iceland
On this leg we’ll sail southwest towards Iceland’s west coast. If the wind is right we might as well sail west to experience the southern currents along Greenlands east-coast. So there’ll be a 50 percent chance for us to look at, and sail alongside the famous Greenland-coast.
Day 11-12 – Exploration of the fjords on West-Iceland
We wouldn’t sail to Iceland without setting aside some time to properly experience this amazing place. So before we switch crews we’ll spend a day on the fjords of the West-Coast. We’ll also have some time on land in Ísafjörður for a hot bath, do some provisioning and making sure we’re ready for the upcoming leg of the trip.
Trainers/ deck shoes (no black soled shoes please – they mark the deck)
Waterproof sailing kit (two sets are recommended. Heavy gear for on-board and lighter kit for trips ashore)
Sailing gloves – 2 sets
Hot water bottle
Clothes for on-board and on shore
A small backpack for trips on-shore (30-40 litres)
A water bottle
Thermals, two sets
Thick socks, two sets
Sun glasses (polarized)
Sun cream – SPF50+
Small quick dry towel
USB cord to charge your phone
Warm sleeping bag
Printed out Insurance details
Any medication you require