2,550 EUR / £2,150 per person*
Find out more about payments
*Trips are priced in the operator’s local currency. The sterling amount shown is a guide only and the amount you pay in sterling will change with currency fluctuations.
This voyage to the top of the world begins in Tromso, Norway’s morst northern city. From there we strike out north into the Barents Sea, home of a plethora of whale species bound for Bear Island and then Svalbard. Here, huge glaciers calve into majestic fjords, trips ashore come with a constant Polar Bear watch, there are icebergs in the water and it never gets dark. Welcome to the high Arctic.
Trip Start: July 2018 (exact dates TBC) Book now
Bavaria 50 “Humla”
Single + double cabins, max 10
Deposit and cancellation:
50% and strict See deposit and cancellations policy
- Experienced skipper/instructor on board
- All food eaten on board
- 7 nights’ accommodation onboard the boat
- Expenses for diesel, gas, harbour fees etc.
- Free use of equipment like ribs, kayaks etc.
- Upgrade to a boat with hot water/shower and a private double cabin (on a shared basis) with fresh linen sheets with the 1,200 NOK / £115 comfort upgrade.
- Visits to restaurants, museums, galleries etc during the trip.
- Alcohol is not provided but you can bring your own. Consumption is always at the discretion of the skipper
- Travel to and from boats not included
- Open to beginner sailors.
- A reasonable level of fitness recommended.
GETTING THERE (AND BACK)
Take an internal flight within Norway to Tromso.
Take an internal flight within Norway from Longyearbyen.
Need help booking travel and accommodation for your trip? We have teamed up with STA Travel. Their experts will assist you with all your travel requirements. Please enquire when booking.
Tromso to Longyearbyen, Svalbard, Norway
Join: Tromso, Norway
On this Arctic adventure we sail throughout the bright arctic nights from Tromsø to Longyearbyen, a distance of roughly 600 nautical miles across the wonderful Barents Sea! We start with a sail out through the Lyngen Alps and into the Barents Sea where there is a good chance of seeing whales. Our first destination will be the isolated and beautiful “Bear Island” which marks our halfway point. As we reach the south cape of Spitsbergen we sail deep into the Hornsund where glaciers calve into the fjord as they do all over Svalbard. If there is time, before we reach Longyearbyen, then we will visit the Russian city Barentsburg.
Here are the highlights of this arctic sailing and wildlife adventure:
– Tromsø and the Lyngen Alps.
– Sail&Whale in the Barents Sea.
– The desolate and unavailable island Bjørnøya, The Bear Island.
– Fishing the most beautiful Norwegian Cod “Bacalao” – outside of Bjørnøya.
– Hornsund, the fjord where four glaciers calve into the sea.
– The Russian city Barentsburg.
Trainers/ deck shoes (no black soled shoes please – they mark the deck)
Waterproof sailing kit (two sets are recommended. Heavy gear for on-board and lighter kit for trips ashore)
Sailing gloves – 2 sets
Hot water bottle
Clothes for on-board and on shore
A small backpack for trips on-shore (30-40 litres)
A water bottle
Thermals, two sets
Thick socks, two sets
Sun glasses (polarized)
Sun cream – SPF50+
Small quick dry towel
USB cord to charge your phone
Warm sleeping bag
Printed out Insurance details
Any medication you require
Specialist off-shore sailing insurance is required. We can direct you to the insurer we use. Ask for information when you enquire.