Our Yachtmaster Ocean qualifying passages vary in length but are usually 10 – 14 days in length.
We ensure that there is a maximum number of no more than 4 ‘Ocean’ candidates on each qualifying passage; we may have additional crew onboard but your instructor’s focus will be on the ocean candidates and their tuition & training.
Our Yachtmaster Ocean quailing passage course includes:
- Ocean passage planning
- Victualling & onboard living
- Power management on board
- Watch systems
- Heavy Weather Sailing
- Meteorology at Sea
- Celestial Navigation using a sextant
- Satellite Navigation
- Communications whilst at sea
- Medical Issues whilst at sea
- Procedures including clearing Customs on arrival at a Foreign port
Whether you are looking to purely undertake an ocean qualifying passage or to include it as part of our offshore race events, such as the ARC, we can offer a complete training package to suit your requirements.